Need to understand Panel Mount Gauges? We have you covered.

When a designer builds a piece of equipment that has a sheet metal housing and needs a pressure gauge, they often hide the piping and fittings in the enclosure so that only the face of the gauge is visible.  While there are exceptions, the connection to the piping is using on the back of the gauge rather than on the bottom for ease of connection.

There are many options for panel mounted gauges, but the two most popular designs are front flange and u-clamp. 
The front flange typically has a substantially widened flange on the front of the gauge which has three equally spaced holes to mount the gauge in the panel using screws or bolts.  The gauge itself fits inside a hole in the panel, while the flange prevents it from sliding through the hole in the panel.  Screws are drilled through the screw holes on the flange into the panel to hold the gauge in place.
The U-clamp style has a smaller flange which only needs to be slightly bigger than the mounting hole it is going into.  A “U” shaped bracket, or “U-clamp”, affixed to the rear of the gauge with threaded posts is used to put pressure on the rear of the panel to secure it in the panel.  There are a variety of ways the u-clamp is used to mount to the panel, including using screws to put pressure on the backside of the panel or using two studs welded to the back of the gauge and threaded nuts to apply the pressure to the back of the panel. 
Looking for a panel mounted gauge?  Click HERE to see a sampling of our offerings.  Use the filters to find what you need and order easily from our website.  Or, Contact Us and let us help you find what you need.